Friday, March 14, 2008

Blotanical

Being new to blog reading and publishing, I had no idea there was a flourishing garden-blogging community on the internet. Soon after starting this blog I looked for other garden blogs, came across a few, started reading and soon started commenting.

Blog writers I'd visited stopped by and visited here. I've been enjoying the unexpected surprise of meeting and getting to know other gardeners through the internet. In the comments on a post here, Mr. McGregor's Daughter suggested I join Blotanical. "Hmm," I thought. "What's Blotanical?" I googled it, checked it out, and joined. Thank you Mr. McGregor's Daughter!

Through blogs whose writers live south of here I've enjoyed watching spring spread slowly north, closer and closer to where I live. I've been inspired by the beautiful gardens, photography, and wealth of experience and knowledge I've found throughout the garden blogging community of Blotanical.

Discovering the wide variety of garden blogs across the USA and throughout the world has been eye-opening. Blotanical's Picks section lists the most recent 200 posts by its members. If I had to pick my favorite part of the site, Picks would it. I've discovered a number of excellent blogs through Picks.

Kudos to Stuart Robinson for dreaming up Blotanical and for all the work he puts into maintaining and growing it.

Now Blotanical is welcoming non-blogging gardeners. If you're a garden blogger (blotanist,) or a non-blogging gardener, and you haven't joined Blotanical, what are you waiting for??? Go on, you know you want to! Head on over to Blotanical, and sign up!

13 comments:

  1. You're welcome! It's a whole world of gardening. (Hey, that could be its secondary slogan.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blotanical. I bet you are glad you followed that link aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. McGregor's Daughter, that would make a good slogan!

    Crafty, thank you. Yep, very glad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're here at blotanical, it's such a wonderful group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Blotanical, is a great place to meet other gardeners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Melanie and Rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you joined the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Robin. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, when I started my garden blog at the urging of my daughter, I thought,"who in the world would have a gardening blog?" What a hoot... I laugh at myself now thinking of that comment. Blotanical definitely broadened the scope and makes it much easier to find new ones and keep up with the previous favorites.

    Nice post for Blotanical- you deserve your red star!!!
    Meems @HoeandShovel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, Blotanical is pretty cool. I have discovered many new blogs there, including yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Connie, starting this blog and joining Blotanical are two of the nicest things I've done for myself lately! I'm really enjoying meeting and getting to know other gardeners from all over the place.

    I'm glad you enjoy my blog. I like yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on earning your Red Star, Garden Girl. What a cool story of how you came about the site and even started your gardening blog. From what I've read it seems like you'll fit in just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meems, It's funny now isn't it? In retrospect I have to laugh too. I had NO IDEA there were so many blogs out there, not to mention so many garden blogs. It's mind boggling!

    Thanks for the red star Stuart! And thank you for coming up with Blotanical. It's a great concept. I'm enjoying the site and the community that's gathered around it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Comments are welcomed, and while I may not always respond here, I'm happy to pay you a visit.

While comments are invited, links to commercial websites are not, and comments containing them will be deleted.

(Note to spammers: Don't bother. Your comments are promptly deleted. Hiding in older posts won't help - they're moderated.)