Sunday, November 8, 2009

Flora Mirabilis - And the Winner is . . .


Thanks so much to all who participated in the drawing for a copy of Flora Mirabilis, the new National Geographic book on plants.

To assure the drawing was fair and unbiased, my spouse, a/k/a Lawn Man, drew the winning entry.

And the winner is. . .




Carolyn!


Congratulations Carolyn! I'm sure you'll love this beautiful book.

Thank you to everyone who entered the drawing. I'm confident you'll all enjoy this terrific book. It's worth owning for the rare, never-before-published illustrations alone, and the narrative is utterly absorbing as well. A quote from the book jacket expresses its value well: "Flora Mirabilis is as much a tale of adventure as it is a fascinating celebration of botanical discovery and delight." I encourage you to check it out.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Linda. I'm really on a roll. I won Dee at Red Dirt Rambling's book and now this. I may need a new bookcase :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Carolyn! After I saw your give-away post, I checked my e-mail and found that I had an offer for a free copy, too, so I accepted it. It's a beautiful book; can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Carolyn! I can't think of a nicer person to win this fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Comments are welcomed, and while I may not always respond here, I'm happy to pay you a visit.

While comments are invited, links to commercial websites are not, and comments containing them will be deleted.

(Note to spammers: Don't bother. Your comments are promptly deleted. Hiding in older posts won't help - they're moderated.)